Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tuna Mornay

I'm posting early today because tonight Tiffany and I are going to the Comedy Store to see Craig Hill a Scottish comedian. I wanted to have something easy for dinner that could be prepared in advance and as Tuna Mornay is one of Tiffany's favourites the choice was not difficult.

Cast of characters


  • Tuna - for Tuna Mornay I use tuna in brine
  • Noodles - I use whatever noodles I have on hand, todat I used Penne Rigate
  • Milk
  • Grated Tasty Cheese
  • Butter (not pictured)
  • Plain flour
  • Salt (not pictured)
Step 1
 Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain well and return to the pot.

Step 2
While the noodles are cooking make some Cheesy White Sauce (see separate post for this)



Step 3
When the sauce is made drain the tuna and add it to the sauce. Stir through carefully so that some of the tuna stays in chunks if possible. That's not really important but I like chunks :-)

Step 4
Pour sauce/tua mix over sauce and stir through until all the noodles are coated and everything is well mixed.

Step 5
Tranfer mix into an ovenproof dish and top with grated tasty cheese. I made extra today so I could send a batch home with my girls :-)


 Step 6
Cook in a hot oven until the cheese melts and goes golden brown.



Review
Always a favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment