Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beef Burgundy Part 1

This is Nelly's favourite and yet another one that I don't really measure anything, I just adjust things to suit the quantity I want to make.

Cast of characters




  • Blade steak
  • Bacon
  • Carrots
  • Onions
  • Red wine - I'm not fussy what red wine I use, whatever is on special is what I buy
  • Beef stock powder or cubes
  • Plain flour
  • Tomato paste (not pictured)
  • Oil (not pictured)
Step 1
Cut away all traces of fat or sinew. Cut meat into small cubes. I'm not fussy when I do this, my lazy way of doing it is to use kitchen scissors to cut the meat into long strips and then into cubes.



Cut bacon into strips


Finely dice carrots and onions


Step 2


Add some oil to a large frying pan and cook the bacon, do not make it crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.


Brown the meat cubes in small batches and set aside



Step 3
Add the diced onions and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.




Return the bacon and browned meat to the pan and stir through.

Step 4
Sprinkle a couple of spoons of plain flour over the top of the mixture


Step 5
Stir the flour through to cover all the meat and vegetables

SEE PREVIOUS POST FOR PART 2

No comments:

Post a Comment