Thursday, October 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies

These cookies are so easy and quick to make and because they have no flour in them they are gluten free. I am basically a lazy cook, my lazy changes or tips are in italics.

This made 41 cookies and they are really yummy. They are soft textured cookies but you get some crunch with the peanut pieces and even the choc chips.

Cast of characters


  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter - Who wants to measure peanut butter - not me that's for sure! I use a whole 375g jar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup milk choc chips - I don't measure these either, I use the whole bag
  • 1 egg - I only had really small eggs today so I used two and it worked fine
  • 1 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease 3 cookie trays and line with parchment paper.

Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine. 



Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place 3cm apart on trays. Press each one down lightly with palm or fingertips. I did this the first time I made these and vowed never to do it again. These days I just use a heaped teaspoon of mix, push it onto the tray and press down with the spoon. Saves having a disgusting sticky mess on your hands and works just as well.

 

Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. 



Anyone for a cuppa ?



No comments:

Post a Comment