- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup verjuice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes - I couldn't find the ones I thought I bought so I left them out
- 200g chicken breast diced - I used a whole chicken breast so it was probably a bit more than 200g
- 200g button mushrooms sliced
- 100g swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped continental parsley for garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add arborio rice and cook for 1 - 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add verjuice, cook stirring continuously until liquid is absorbed. Stir in stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring until liquid has been absorbed between each addition. Remove from heat.
Heat butter and remaining oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add garlic, onion and chilli flakes and saute until onion is transparent.
Add chicken and fry for 3 - 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 - 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are soft.
Transfer chicken mixture and parmesan cheese to rice and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, place spoonfuls of risotto into serving dishes and garnish with parsley.
This was much easier to make than I thought it would be, the stirring got a bit tedious but I will make it again. Dennis loved it.