Cast of Characters (Serves 4)
- 8 small (250g each) chicken thigh cutlets (skin on) trimmed
- 300g red rascal potatoes, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium lemons
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves (I hate basil so I left this out)
Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Arrange potatoes, onion, capsicum and garlic around chicken. Pour over stock. Finely grate 1 lemon. Reserve grated lemon rind. Juice grated lemon. Cut remaining lemon into wedges. add lemon juice and wedges to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Reduce temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Roast for 25 minutes.
Add tomatoes and olives.
Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes are just starting to collapse.
Combine parsley, basil and reserved grated lemon rind in a dish. Sprinkle over chicken mixture. Serve.
For extra flavour, serve with crumbled feta cheese.
While this tasted okay I don't think I'll make it again. There was way too much watery juice and too much lemon flavour.